Aeronautical Radio of Thailand Company Limited (AEROTHAI) is an air traffic control and aeronautical communication service provider that has been trusted by international airlines agencies and organizations for more than 70 years.
AEROTHAI was founded in 1948 and established according to standards issued by and under guidance from the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) under a contract awarded by the government of Thailand. AEROTHAI was established as a state-owned enterprise under the supervision of the Ministry of Transportation. AEROTHAI emphasizes safety and good governance. AEROTHAI’s skills, understanding of modern technology, expertise and experience in air traffic management is reflected in its leading position as the most efficient aeronautical service provider in the Southeast Asia region.
In 1996, the company established an agency to support and provide services to the aviation sector with the following objectives:
- The manufacture of air traffic control equipment that meets international standards for the company’s internal use.
- The provision and distribution of air traffic management equipment and technology to domestic and foreign agencies.
- The research and development of state-of-the-art aeronautical equipment that reflects world’s best practice.
- The cooperation and partnership with well-established aeronautical companies towards the provision of aeronautical information services for airlines internationally.
- The collaboration and partnership with government agencies and local organizations with the aim of developing a variety of projects to support communications, transportation and logistics systems throughout the country.